WELCOME TO STUDENT FINANCIAL AID
The staff of the LSUA financial aid office is committed to processing a variety of student financial assistance for students through strict adherence to the many federal, state, and institutional policies that govern the individual funds.
We understand that many students require the assistance of the various financial aid programs to cover the costs associated with enrolling. We strive to process students’ information in the timeliest manner possible. However, as stewards of aid funds from a variety of sources, we are obligated to assure the strict adherence to all of the regulations governing all sources of student financial aid and the sources of revenue that provide for those aid resources.
Students can assist us in this process by taking responsibility to honestly and fully complete the required paperwork in a timely manner, and if requested provide appropriate documentation to support any information provided, or as requested.
How the LSUA Financial Aid Office Contacts students
All admitted LSUA students receive access to an LSUA email address. This is the primary method our office will use to communicate with students. All correspondence from our office regarding missing information/paperwork and other notifications regarding a student’s financial aid and aid eligibility will be forwarded to the students LSUA email address only. In addition to email, admitted students have access 24 hours a day, 365 days of the year, to review information about their financial aid by accessing their LSUA Net Partner account. To access Net Partner, the student will log-in to his or her MyLSUA account and select the NetPartner link
2016-2017 TOPS UPDATE: The TOPS office has confirmed the below information regarding the Fall 2016/Spring 2017 amounts. The Spring 2017 amounts are still an estimate, we will know final amounts sometime after Novemeber 1, 2016.
Fall 2016 amount : $2277 at full time (Honors stipend: $372 Performance Stipend: $186)
Spring 2017: $1020 at full time (Honors stipend: $167 Performance Stipend $83)
If you are enrolled in a Spring 2/ Spring 3 term, the TOPS amount for both terms will be awarded and disbursed during Spring 2. Keep this in mind as you may need to use any refund received to pay toward Spring 3.
All Spring/Spring 2/Spring 3 students who wish to apply for Federal Aid must have a
2016-2017 FAFSA on file with LSUA. The last day to complete this FAFSA is June 30, 2017 at FAFSA.gov
Anticipated aid/bookstore credit for Spring 2017
We will begin sending anticipated aid for Spring 2017 on Monday 12/05/2016 and will end 01/31/2017. Any accepted financial aid you have been awarded will then begin appearing on your fee bill (viewable in self-service) as "anticipated aid".
Below are the steps to see your anticipated aid and view any remaining balance or bookstore credit:
1. Log into your myLSUA
2. Click on the self service portal
3. Click on the finances tab
4. Click on the balance link
5. Make sure you are looking at Spring 2017(or Spring 2 if applicable) and hit "change"
6. If your anticipated balance is $0 or in parenthesis ex. ($200) you may have a bookstore credit.
7. View by charges and credits and if a charge to the bookstore shows, that is how much you can spend. If you have classes that start at a later date this is the only time you will have a bookstore credit so you need to purchase those books at this time. You will not be charged for any credits you do not use.
* Please note that any posted amounts can change if changes are made to your schedule, fee bill (i.e additional charges added), etc. It is your responsibility to monitor your fee bill to ensure all charges are covered. Any amount charged to the bookstore must be paid either with financial aid or other means.
** Spring 3 anticipated aid will not be available until 02/13/2017-03/09/2017.